Friday, August 17, 2007

Banquet Hall Shopping Day

We checked out banquet halls today. Many restaurants and banquet halls are already booked by companies for their holiday celebrations. Ka's mom checked the 通勝. Only Dec 9 is good for marriage. Luckily Arcadian Court, our first choice banquet hall, is still available on that day.

Having a great hall with great food to entertain our closest friends is very important to us. I have always envisioned a fun cocktail party and a simple yet elegant hall. Arcadian Court includes everything I want (30 ft ceiling, yummy food, open bar!). It was a nice surprise for us to find out the price includes all meals and most services that we want too!

Our consultant, Elizabeth, looked a bit shocked when we decided to have our wedding there after 30min of explanations. She didn't hide her surprise and asked: "Now?!??" I guess usually couples think about it a bit more, but we just answered: "Yes!" (We could just picture our wedding there!)

And after Elizabeth went back to her office to prepare for our paper work, I suddenly "woke up" and asked Ka: "Hmm, you think we should have bargained?" :P Oh well.

We also went ring shopping. I originally debated whether to get a fancier wedding ring or just a simple band. But I wanted the same band for both Ka and I thus we decided to go with a plainer style. (Ka's finger doesn't look good with diamonds.) I am really looking forward to the day when Ka and I will have matching wedding bands. :)

No comments: